Looking For Something?

Monday, April 9, 2012

Listening For That Sweet Tune-Chapter 5: Chasing Silhouettes, Talkingto Shadows Pt. 3



STOP
Have you read the preceding chapters?
If not then read it from the beginning
or
Read the preceding chapter...



Go to the beginning:

Preceded by:


The lights inside the elevator flooded the room revealing silhouettes of objects I couldn't see and movement that I couldn't hear. I looked inside the elevator but I saw no one but whatever noise that was coming out of that hallway to my left was also coming out of the elevator across the room. Weeping. I began to feel great sorrow within me hoping that I could do something but I was nowhere near enough to break my way in. The weeping turned into screeching again to form something like music just as before as I closed my eyes and tried to focus on what the noise was. As I opened my eyes again I could feel movement coming from out of the room, someone was there I just couldn't see it yet. 

I focused on various things around me to see if there was any kind of movement that I could distinguish in a certain point. I looked towards the elevator and could tell that something was different. A standing shadow of a man was in the elevator, I could tell due to his figure being slightly darker than everything around him. A gleam came from his figure shimmered through his movement as he began to exit the elevator, at that moment I noticed that there was another similar figure to the left coming out of the hallway as before. As both of the figures grew closer to each other, they began to build mass and a solid figure to make them more than just shadows but actual people. The one coming from the left was a woman but it wasn't Serenity.

'Hello?' I asked, they didn't respond. 'Can you help me in any way? Please?' They just continued to walk towards another to grasp each other’s body to mold into one another’s; they were perfect together as a whole. They began to dance and twirl in circles, all I could do was watch. After a few minutes of watching the couple dance I looked around the room to see if anything else was happening but there was no avail. The couple was aware of their surroundings because they never stumbled on all the junk on the floor but they couldn't acknowledge me, like I wasn't real. Just as I began to doubt my own existence I heard something else that was outside of the apartment lobby. I heard a whisper; it said 'Hey.' I looked around to figure out what talked to me but I couldn't see anything. I then heard laughter in the distance; I closed my eyes and listened to figure out exactly where it was coming from.

The childish giggling came from my left and it sounded just as it did before—kind, gentle but devious in its tone. I looked towards that direction but I saw nothing through the fog but the giggling continued, so I began to follow it. I began to walk in a vigorous beat to make sure I was following the child and not some echo. I looked around frantically with every step hoping that something would appear and just then I saw something skipping on the sidewalk in front of me. It was only a silhouette, like all of the times before but I was gaining on it so my attempts are now pushing me forward. The fog started to clear up a little in the direction was going which let the sun to peek through all the darkness. When this happened it cleared up what I was chasing but it was further as I previously thought.

'Hey! Can you hear me?' There was no response. 'I am not going to hurt you! Please I need your help!' It stopped in its tracks to turn around and look at me. I grew closer within seconds and I could tell that it in fact was a child, a little girl with long red hair. After a few more steps to enable me to tell what I was chasing, the little girl turned around and began to run away from me. I picked up my pace as well hoping to not loose any sight of her as she continued forward on the sidewalk. I began to cross a street when I began but I hesitated to cross for a few seconds as I looked both ways but not for cars. I was in foreign territory and I didn't want to get any more lost than I really was so I looked for landmarks of some kind.

There was nothing down the street that stood out to me so I began to run to pick up the distance I lost. Continuing down the block I still looked for something that stood out from my present environment. I looked forward to make sure the child was in sight and she was but she was currently turning left across the street, heading in a new direction. Something now stood out to me that I could remember; the fog continued to lift to make a mere slight mist throughout the town. I could see the cloudless blue sky and the sun directly above me, which allowed me to view a peculiar thing to my right. It was a large and tall building like the skyscrapers from before but instead of one large base there were two smaller ones equidistant from where they were to each other. The courtyard to these buildings started inches from where I was on the sidewalk to show a different material covering the floor. I didn't know what it was but it glowed in the sunlight. 

In between the two towers at the base was a statue of some kind being thin in width but fairly tall in height. It was something that resembled an obelisk but it wasn't heading directly straight into the air but grew several sprouts and looked like a tree of some kind. As I followed it up higher with my eyes I looked at the building to notice something I have never seen before. The two buildings started just like any other up a good hundred feet high but then the two buildings began to twist with one another. It reminded me of a double DNA helix in which the two towers didn't touch each other rather than the periodical bridges in between the two of them. This continued higher than I could even see from where I was; it was amazing in look and size. 

Glass littered the majority of the building the way up; the building was dark to show some dark colossus in my head except for one section of glass. Whatever was in that room within the building gave such a high glow that it brilliance was that of the sun. At that moment it dimmed and heightened several times one after the other. It looked like the light turned around somehow if you can imagine it as a living thing, something like an eye fixed on you. The light from the room centralized in one particular point and then something like a spotlight showed on and around me. I looked up towards the light, though it was a bright thing, it didn't hurt my eyes but to mesmerize them into some form of trance. It felt like something was whispering to me, telling me to do things that I couldn't quite understand. 

A screech pierced the sounds that were around me, the light that I was now looking at turned pitch black making the spotlight disappear but an unbearable tone to my ears. I looked everywhere to see where the sound was coming from but nothing changed around me. I hustled down the sidewalk hoping that I could get away from the unbearable noise. Looking back to the building, the obelisk was now a pitch black and its tree like sprouts were now moving around like it was a living thing. Now that I was at another angle looking towards the obelisk I realized that something was in front of it. It was the same colour as the obelisk itself so in blended perfectly but now, there was defiantly something there. 

It shook around like someone having a seizure but it was in control. I couldn't see its eyes but I knew it was looking at me. Just then it walked forward--it had the stature of a man—and with every step the obelisk behind him grew in size. The branches took off and began to wrap themselves around the building making the building to become black in itself—some form of infection. I had to act quickly but at the pace of everything that was happening around me, I couldn't act fast enough. Just as soon as I turned around, a sharp pain went through my back and out through my stomach; I was stabbed by some black infected blade.

I tried to turn around to face my attacker but it stopped me. A cold touch creped up my neck and pushed my head back to make my neck a very vulnerable area. I tried to muster out words to talk to what was behind me but by the time I was able to form a word in my head, my neck was gushing blood. It threw me down to the ground and probably walked away to leave me to die. I guess I wont figure out its intentions at this moment for now, I was preoccupied. Lying motionless on the floor, feeling a great cold overcome my body and trying not to choke on my own blood.  


Up next in Listening For That Sweet Tune:




















Remember me

No comments:

Post a Comment