Looking For Something?

Saturday, May 25, 2019

My Generation



Sleeping through the morning. 
Get up, rinse and repeat. 
My generation isn’t lazy,
we are just sick and tired of, 
your ideas.
We don’t need to follow your plans.
You are the generation of clones. 

Get up by noon,
then shovel up some food. 
Need some caffeine for the day,
to keep the demons at bay. 
Just stay for a while,
guaranteed to make you smile. 
I feel like a newborn child,
shining up the dark world. 

I don’t think we’re here to fight. 
I don’t think we’re hear to say,
"I don’t mind."
I don’t think we’re hear to,
bat our lashes or needle in the eye. 
I think we’re here just to...

So many issues,
with all the stupid people. 
We think we’re right,
and think your wrong. 
Just opposed to a old song. 
I feel we need,
to calm down,
get out of town. 
I feel like a newborn child,
shining up the dark world. 

I don’t think we’re here to,
screw with your mind. 
I don’t think we’re here to say,
"fine, I don’t mind."
I don’t think we’re here to,
gamble or fear the night. 
I think we’re here,
just to shut you down. 

So many facts and opinions,
nobody’s right,
nobody’s wrong,
but the world is changing,
changing for the better.
That means we need,
new facts,
new opinions.
You're not wrong,
just outdated. 





Remember me 

No comments:

Post a Comment