Looking For Something?

Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Child: Entry 8



STOP
Have you read the preceding chapters?
If not then read it from the beginning
or
Read the preceding chapter...



The Beginning:
     
Previously on The Child:




     After talking a little longer I found that the mans name was Anastasius Vespasiano, I could only ask him why his name was so long and he told me he was Italian, go figure. After a few weeks of living within the 'prison', Anastasius said that he could take me up to the upper floors and that I can now live properly with my new family, they felt that I wasn't a threat anymore—but I never really did know what that meant. As I left my cell I looked around to see everything that was near me but not seen with my eyes. Tables, chairs, candles and several more cells to the left and right of my own home, all of which were closed and appeared locked. I could only wonder what else was here. 

     


Several nights previous I heard screams of pain and anguish, but they didn't sound human. They sounded as if they were from animals but there were human words also. I could hear in the voices the primal state the screamers were in, as if a baby just born but they knew who they were and what was happening—it was weird.

I only heard the screams. No one tried to shut them up, no one acknowledged them and it was like I was the only person hearing them, as if they were apart of my own imagination but it seemed far from it. As I looked back to those other cell doors I could only what was on the other side, monsters or even some giant. I guess I will either never find out or I will, I could only see and wait. 

     

I turned back around to follow my first known 'new family member' to pass what looked like a guards quarters. There was a table with playing cards, old mugs and a conveniently placed knife stabbed in the table. Several beds were around the room and a big red wooden door was on the other side of the room in a dark corner. I then noticed my friend was heading up some stairs that were to my left, so I could only help but follow. I continued forward to head up the stairs and Anastasius told me that we were in a old military bunker left back from the war, and that on top of the bunker was an old cottage, in which is where the 'Family' lived.

By the time I reached the top of the stairs I knew I was now in the cottage. I finally got a fresh breath of clean air and the new bright sun shined in my eyes as if it was a new life just for me. Anastasius led me out of the basement and to the upper floor; believe it or not it really was at an old war bunker underneath a little cottage near the oceanside. 

     

The cottage was old but it was clean. Like an ancient home that your OCD grandparents lived in all their lives until they died. Walls were the cleanest white I have ever seen and windows littered the building. After the stairs I walked up, I was in a family room. Everything looked like it was stopped in motion, a couch with flower patterns, a old varnished wood bookcase filled with bound books. Hard wood floors and an old grandfather clock, just ticking back and forth. Looking at the time it was nine-sixteen. 

     

I continued to follow my Italian friend and he walked into another family room and I saw several people sitting at a big round table in the middle of the room with plates in food around them. They were all talking and laughing as if they were a civilized family. One person caught a glimpse of me and the rest turned around to see this new individual in their home. Everyone stared at me not as if I was a intruder and they were trying to figure out why the hell I was in their home but a accepting gaze. One person continued to eat and the rest turned around to continue to their business.

I realized that Anastasius was several more feet away from me, passed the hungry family and at a partition separating the two rooms. As I ran towards him I noticed he was in the kitchen, it was cramped and tiny but as I walked into the kitchen it was as if the whole house became a part of me and I felt tranquility pulse through my soul. 

     

I stood beside the Italian and I looked over at him and he was dishing up a plate of food and slid another in front of me so I could enjoy my meal with everyone else. I looked up as I was dishing my plate and as I glimpsed at everyone’s faces I couldn't but help a sensation of déjà vu and then I realized that the people that sat before me was the same exact people I saw at the diner except that they all now were dressed in casual attire. Soon as my plate was overflowing with my breakfast I walked towards the table where everyone sat and there were two places left.

I sat down and Anastasius followed sitting to my left, to my right was a young man—just about around my age—with dark long hair slicked back, pale and very cleanly shaven. As he took a bite of his bacon he turned and looked at me, I turned my head to look at him and it looked like his pupils were highly enlarged, as if his eyes were totally black. His head jumped up and down like he laughed to him self and looked away I’m sure when he noticed my facial expressions change he knew to look away. He then turned back to look at me again before I had the chance to look away and his eyes were ice blue. Anastasius budded into my little stare down and introduced me to the strange fellow who was caught in my gaze

     

'Emery, this is Ville Halstein' I nodded to him and he nodded back and Anastasius continued, 'since you had such interest in my name, ill tell you about his. His name is both Finnish and Norwegian, just so you know he is also from that area of the world. I can say all of us are from different places. You see. Names are very important to us. When we are stripped of everything we have, are will, will be broken, our hearts would be torn but we still have our thoughts and our name. Thoughts an ideas are mostly known just to you so when all is said, when you die, all you have is your name.' I thought to myself. I couldn't agree any more, though my mom pounded that into my head when I was at a very young age. 

     We all finished dinner and everyone around the table talked. We talked about jokes and experiences, all seemed so odd in my head, but I guess I never really had a chance to have a family. Anastasius took me to my new room within the cottage; he regretted to inform me that I would not have the chance to have my own room. The room was clattered with bunk beds, bookshelves and our own personal desks at the edges of the bunks. This place was very peculiar but it was the closest thing I had to home.






Next entry in The Child:


Entry 9































Remember me


No comments:

Post a Comment