Looking For Something?

Monday, December 12, 2011

Conversations with Cut Throats (3 of 3) Pt. 1


     I could only focus on the whispering man in the black and I wondered if he was actually manipulating me instead of presenting the evidence to me. I figured this man needed a name that I could refer him to, so I thought long and hard while I was staring into the lifeless eyes of the mutilated body that laid before me. He was quiet; he walked through the halls as if he was a ghost. I know I have seen him before in this building, treating patients or whatever they do here. He always whispered and he pushed me along with the easiness of his voice. He was like a servant of god so knew I just then what to call him. He was reverence; clarity and all that was pure like a child, a baby, and the ocean. I closed my eyes and I could swear I heard the waves crash on the shore. It has been months since I've been anywhere with nature or even water. I wanted to hear a waterfall, feel blades of grass on the tips of my fingers and this mans voice almost made me feel that. 

     He was like god himself and I could only regret thinking of that the split second I thought against the real man or woman or some manifested being but I knew if there was one watching me right now it would have known the split second I thought against me. So I continued to crawl on the web of the spider that I had spun and I proceeded to compare this man to god. I have decided to call the man 'Father'. I never really knew my father or even my mother so it seemed appropriate. If he really was god then he made me, so 'Father' seemed appropriate. He stood before me like he was heaven on Earth, so he was 'Father'.   

     Father pointed towards the other blood trail that led down to some stairs and utter darkness and I knew it was time to proceed. So I continued forward leaving the audience that stood behind me to make them ever further behind. I looked back to the body before I descended the stairs and I saw the majestic couple spin and twirl themselves to pass through a wall, the same wall that had an opening that I was standing in front of. They were pointing me where to go, like a compass or even a guide that knew the foreign lands of the unknown, I knew I was safe following them, so I did. I descended the stairs not knowing what was going to present itself to me while Father walked behind me, I could feel his grin of delight pierce my soul.  

     I descended the stairs for what it seemed like an eternity. There was no light that I could see so each step down was a cautious one. Like when a child goes down the stairs with both hands wrapped around handrails lifting one foot and shaking it in the darkness to feel solid ground I could only do the same. I guess were all still children in a way or another. We may grow more of intelligence when we become older through the ages but we continue to do what we learned as a child and we don't do it any different than the generation before. We all walk the same, we breathe the same, and we love the same. Some things don't evolve and then others do. Its like some are way to advanced so they cant be improved on, but others we are only discovering the potential. I waved my foot through the darkness and I felt cold, damp concrete. I scooted my feet a little further and I felt no ledge, I arrived to the bottom.

     As the vile insect I was, I could only wonder how far my web was. I looked behind me and the light from the above room looked no bigger than a little speck of light from a star during a nighttime sky. I was in a cellar and like all horror stories the cellar is the worst place to be but from my standpoint and through everything that was happening to me I could only wonder if I was being affected by the horror or if I was the horror presenting itself to its terrified audience. I want to say that everything that I stood for was pure but by this time you already think and know that your humble narrator is no longer humble or pure or even a saint. You know this but I can’t accept it, so I wont. What appeared before me was only a surprise in my head but subconsciously I clapped my hands and giggled like the little child I was. 


Next up in Listening For That Sweet Tune:


No comments:

Post a Comment