Looking For Something?

Friday, August 24, 2012

Amicus Est Tanquam Alter Idem Pt. 7




The Shadow 
By: Amy Scheibe





It will find you,
run, run, he whimpered,
His soul faded, like a withering rose,
I could see it in his eyes,
He was slipping away,
I had no time to mourn,
It was like an evening rain,
sweet, yet bitter,
And I ran,
and I never looked back,
for if I did,
I would surely fall,
deeper and deeper,
into the black hole,
I call my mind.

I can't pretend that i didn't want to,
For that would be a lie,
Curiosity gets to the best of us,
The trick is to forget,
forget what once was true,
and remember what was just a memory,
Maybe even just a dream,
Because dreams hold the most terrible truths,
even if you don't wish to believe it,
It was chasing me,
nothing more then a bad dream,
that had forced its way to make me believe,
believe it was real,
Its shadow stalking me,
Taking everything I loved,
Destroying it.

What would I do?
Force it back into my mind,
Make it live in the dark,
Where it belonged,
But how would I do it,
The thought raced through my head,
clawing and stabbing for an answer,
Making me feel my heart shudder,
deep in my veins,
from the fear,
the fear of failing,
failing once again.













Remember them

No comments:

Post a Comment