Looking For Something?

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Child: Entry 6 (2 of 2)



STOP
Have you read the preceding chapters?
If not then read it from the beginning
or
Read the preceding chapter...



The Beginning:


Previously on The Child:





     Reflections of light passing through the streets shined through my window and sprang light all throughout the room. From the doorway--just in a few feet--was a closet to my left and right making a hallway after a few more feet was a big room with a square table and two chairs. The Table was against the adjacent wall, which had two windows, which framed the table perfectly.

I saw a lamp on the same table so I walked in further to turn on the lamp. Twisting the knob I heard a hiss of a gas of some sort coming from the lamp. I felt around to see if there was anything to light it and there were a few matches sitting on the table. After a few failed strikes the match finally lit and the lamp followed soon after. The room lit up quick, which enabled me to see the rest of the room. To my left were a few cupboards and a door that most likely led to a bathroom and to my right was another door that led to the bedroom. 

     

Now that there was a lighter shade of darkness filling the void called my room, I sat down and I dropped my bags to the side. The wooden chair I sat on was old--like the rest of the entire building--and wobbled like it was going to collapse from underneath me. When I put my hand on the table it felt like everything around me was going to fall down into little pieces and before I knew it I found that I was right in every sense of the word.
     
     I reached into my bag and I took out a notebook and a pen, within the notebook was the piece of paper that was given to me just this morning by Suzie the waitress. I just started to open the paper when I heard a creaking of boards behind me, I knew this place was creepy but I never had the intention to have a first hand encounter to death in his most greatest form. I pushed myself off of my seat turning around to look at the main door to see a shadow showing from underneath the door. The shadow moved from side to side pacing as if it was waiting for something and then he stopped and I heard a firm knock on the door.

My heart stopped but I wouldn't know anyone who couldn't be stricken with terror if they were also in this situation right now. I heard another knock and I told myself again that I had to act on impulse. I stormed toward the door, placed my left foot a few inches away from the door to prevent it from opening any more. Turning the lock I heard a little rustling on the other side so I put most of my weight on my left foot and opened the door as fast as I could. 

   

There was a man, very shady. He was looking down and he had a dark trench coat on and it was hooded over his head. He literally looked like a walking shadow but I noticed in his hand was a white envelope and he lifted it up as if he was going to give it to me. Correction he was giving it to me. I reached out took the envelope from his hands and I stared at him to see if there was anything else he needed.

Tilting my head to the side to see what is under his hood I saw a porcelain white mask like I was staring at a ghost. Focusing my gaze to his pupils he was staring down at the floor. His glance looked up to make full eye contact to me and I saw fear. Not fear to me or what he was but to a third party, like he was being watched and this isn't what he wanted to do. He started to raise his head and I could only regret my temptation to curiosity and everything fell apart quicker then I had the chance to think. 

     

I woke up in a concrete room. Like I was in a old fashioned prison cell but turning around from where I was lying was a locked wooden door reinforced with some metal like iron bars. Hay and dirt lined all the corners of the room and up above me was a window of daylight ten to twenty feet on the wall in front of me.

I could see that the sun wasn't yet passing the window so I could tell it was morning. I scratched my head and I noticed that two pieces of paper lied in front of me. Both of which were already in my possession before I was, dealt with. One was the same piece of paper that Suzie gave me and the other was the envelope in which I was given. I opened up the one I was first given. Within was a series of numbers along with a phrase it followed: 

7, 16, 6, 21, 14. She would be proud.


Confused I opened up the envelope to find a similar piece of paper. It said: 



7, 16, 6, 21, 14 
Mirror- Giving an image or idea reflecting the same as the viewer.
7- Bad luck/Superstition
16-? 
6- 5 senses what is the sixth? 
21- Lies within France14- Lies within near FranceHow could she be proud?

Amoung all the readers that will see this someday, I could only experience the same amount of confusion going through my own head. I knew that I was going to be in over my head, and I regretted every moment in which I thought of leaving my father, but as soon as I heard the locks behind be turn, I could only think about getting through this alive.




Next entry in The Child


Entry 7




































Remember me

No comments:

Post a Comment