Looking For Something?

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

If Only If Only (A Predetermined Factor)




They say there’s a dove,
it brings the light from the sun,
it can heal the savagest of wounds.
It gives you its light and a perilous flight.
You do what you can and see what you do,
you now have a heart.

If only if only, the stars of the night,
you could fly like an eagle, just at first sight.
If only if only, you could see,
that the day you were born, you were meant for me.
So I faltered and cried to see this come true.
'You're here for me and I for you.'
A laugh and chuckle, 'That isn't real life.'
'If you gave me a chance you would be my wife.'
it was months from that day,
since she did pass.
I could only wonder if I acted more fast.
If love was predetermined then so was this.
I just wish for another day with my sweet miss.

I now walk these streets with none on my side,
no one will see and no one will fight.
I see those who live predetermined,
so where was I when it was brought to me?
I met a girl and she was lost and behind,
she had a beautiful body,
and a more beautiful mind.
She told me her name,
it sounded so sweet.
She took me to her house,
for something to eat.
She was a mother of one maybe two,
'It hurts to see men walk out on you.
I said no more and I swear I did,
but when I saw you I forgot what I said.'  











Remember me

No comments:

Post a Comment