Looking For Something?

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Listening For That Sweet Tune-Chapter 23: Welcome To Belle's Dawn Pt. 2


STOP

Have you read the preceding chapters?
If not then read it from the beginning
or
Read the preceding chapter...



Go to the beginning:
Previously on Listening For That Sweet Tune:











I started to head down the center of the road as I took out the map out of my pocket. After looking at it for a few minutes I realized that Concord Manor was on the other side of the city but there were only a dozen roads that were in the city, which made it rather small. As the steps got further into the center I realized that the buildings got larger like they were before previously but as things became grander, the focus of a now apocalyptic wasteland became apparent. Abandoned cars left with there doors open littered the road and bones of many people littered the streets like a silver lining to a short story—it only made things worse. 

Closer I got to the center, the more I realized that the fog was letting up letting me to see the tops of buildings I looked up and smoke barreled from out of the windows which were on fire. No craters of a nuclear bomb or artillery strikes were on either the roads or the buildings but it became apparent that something big toppled the buildings instead of an all out war in front of me blocking my passage to the center of the city. It felt like I was walking to the exact direction that danger was.

Crawling under the rubble of one of the buildings I realized that now I was in the center. Large buildings with long staircases and marble pillars circled a large courtyard that I was now entering. In the center of this courtyard was another black pillar that brought stress through my veins all over again. It was as if it was the same one as before, like it was following me. Large thick tiles circled the pillar out several feet till it reached a series of columns that were equidistant apart from each other circled the central pillar. 

I looked out in the distance to see what resembled the capital building that didn't differ to far from the look of an amphitheater in Athens but a large circular dome sat in the center as the roof. This circular roof had sections that were blown clean off as black smoke rose from the holes that were inside the building. The winds grew to be strong in this center area as I heard the whistle of large gusts in the distance but I stayed as close as I could to the buildings outside the center. If this was similar the thing that created The Wretched that I met before then it would be best for me to steer clear of whatever that pillar was. 

I looked down to a nearby street sign that was toppled over on the ground. Wiping off the dust off the sign it read 'Oak'. I looked down to my map again to see that Willow was only a few streets to my right as I continued to head that direction around the courtyard. A rumbling from underneath me sounded to create a deep rushing sound as I began to walk through puddles of water. As I got a better view of the courtyard at another angle I saw that several people lay just outside the columns that were surrounding the pillar. Pools of red filled the spaces between the tiles that the bodies lied on and traveled down an apparent decline towards where I was heading. Knives were near there hands and I could only guess that a mass suicide took place in front of the central pillar—something to appease there god? 

The pools of water I was walking in gradually turned reddish till it was all I could see below me. I passed another street and as I looked down it I saw the incoming fog that was rolling down the streets as if a damn just broke open forcing water to push throughout the city—I hastened up my pace. More rumbling sounded from underneath me but this time I knew it wasn't a busted water main as it shook the ground beneath my feet. I looked further to my right and the sign that read  'Willow' was only several yards away from me.

I pushed myself away from the buildings that were behind me and rushed directly to the street to where I was headed. Looking quickly to my right to another passing street in which the fog was barreling down and then I looked to my left to see the pillar start to light up and raise its black corrupting vines that infected the air it touched like ivy growing up a wall. I turned on Willow to begin heading down the road but soon as my eyes were back in front of me I hit a wall of fog which nearly put me to my feet not by blocking the road but the damp smell off blood and rust got me coughing out my lungs. 

As I attempted to catch my breath I looked behind me again to see the pillar glowing under the currently present thin fog but then I saw it. It was as if it was lying down inside the capital building but it was large. Arms and then a face reached out of one of the largest holes that were in the roof. Black. That's all it was. Black arms, black face, black eyes, its as if it was sucking out the rays of the sun creating a more dull appearance of the sun then it screamed. Like before it was as if a call of a ferocious beast but something about it was remarkably human, it sounded as if it was in pain. In distress or not I scrambled back up to an upright pose and backed away down Willow hoping that I would find Concord Manor before that beast found me. 



Up next in Listening For That Sweet Tune:













Remember me


No comments:

Post a Comment