Looking For Something?

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Child: Entry 4


STOP
Have you read the preceding chapters?
If not then read it from the beginning
or
Read the preceding chapter...



The Beginning:



Previously on The Child:



     I woke up late the next morning. By the time the nice woman led me to my bed I could have sworn that I just fell over and slept hard enough to be put into a coma. It was only the next day. I got out of the rather small bed I was laying in and I made sure I made the bed. Behind me was a window and sunlight poured in and on my back while I was in the process of tidying up the room and I finished before the sun had a chance to give me third degree burns. The room was rather small and when I looked to the table on the side of my bed I noticed a black and white picture of two people.


     The picture had a big field of overgrown grass in the background and a rather large building on the right but still very far back. Connected from the building all the way to the very front of the photo was an old cobblestone path. Traveling on the path--also posing for the photographer--was the woman who showed me to this room and a old man in a wheelchair being pushed along by that same woman. The man in the wheelchair looked as if he was dead but he had a sparkle in his eyes as if this was the joy in his life. I knew the woman was the same one from earlier because her hair was practically longer than from what it is currently. I then remembered that I needed to get some breakfast as per a thanks to letting me stay last night. So I grabbed my jacket and headed out the door.

     Upon turning the corner to see the front of the diner I noticed several cars in the parking lot and several more pulling in. I looked over at the pumps at the gas station and my Triumph was still where I left it-- I guess I should have moved it to a more convenient spot last night. I hurried inside and I was surprised to see that the very diner that was vacant last night was nearly full and booming with business. I saw families, businessmen, truckers and even the suspicious group of expensively dressed men with dark sunglasses on while keeping there head down under the newspapers their reading to prevent them from being seen. I continued all the way to the end and I sat on the bar stool that I was standing by last night.

     From out back the longhaired lady came out from around the corner with her hands full carrying two plates. She walked right in front of me and gave me one and then gave the other to the man to my right. It was as if she knew I was here the second I walked through the door or even knew when I woke up so she could prepare my food. Though not to creepy I still felt a shiver down my spine because this place was very 'peculiar'. I looked up to see her face and she blinked a few times and pointed to the man to my right, getting mine and the mans attention to each other. I looked at him and then he glanced at me for a second to turn away to start eating the food in front of him. Upon that little glance I could say he looked fairly normal but he was lacking a pupil in his left eye to give me an even weirder feeling of chills down my spine. Upon finishing the scrambled eggs in front of him he cleared his throat and turned to look at me, then speaking to interrupt my persistent thoughts.

     'Hey hey hey, they call me Frankie Frank Frank...Yeah.' I was surprised to hear the constant clarifying of words and before I was able to speak back he said 'yeah' two more times. Feeling safe that I wouldn't be interrupting him I responded.

     'So you're the guy I’m supposed to talk to, to fill up my bike?' 

     'Yes yes yes,' he responded 'I’m currently on a lunch break break but when I’m finish-break I can help you in no time time time, yes yes yes'. 

     I was overwhelmed by his speech but I guess this was something people got a used to. I nodded to confirm that I understood him and I turned to face my food that I have not yet even looked at. Pancakes, bacon, hash browns, sausage, eggs, a biscuit and a rather large blueberry muffin. I didn't anticipate eating this full meal but my eyes became larger than my stomach and I feasted as if I was eating my last supper. 



Next entry in The Child:




Entry 5 


































Remember me   


No comments:

Post a Comment