Looking For Something?

Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Child: Entry 10


STOP
Have you read the preceding chapters?
If not then read it from the beginning
or
Read the preceding chapter...



The Beginning:





Previously on The Child:




     I left the box where it was, I didn't know what to expect or happen so I walked away--seems like something I always do. So I walked out of the cottage to get a fresh breath of air, though all the windows were open in the house. Just a few yards in front of the cottage was a cliff I walked towards the edge and looked down, I was higher than I would have liked. I then saw the waves crashing along the cliffside no beach, just treacherous rocks and a deathly cliff. I had to turn away before was going to actually throw up.

As I was walking away to my right I saw a bunch of members of 'The Family' in this grassy meadow a few benches and trees lied around them. They were all just sitting and talking and running...like a real family. I never knew what it was like, maybe this was something that was supposed to happen, time could only tell. 

     

Behind everyone though, was something like an orchard. Everything seemed so dark due to all the trees blocking the sun. Ominous that what it seemed like what it was, like the old secret that an old family keeps from their children. Another little cottage lied in the orchard a little while back at the very end of the path. So I approached the family members to see what they knew about it. There were several old faces, some new. I knew almost everyone’s name now but I only like to approach the ones I knew the most so I walked up to Anastsius.

'What is that old creepy cottage at the end of that road doing there?' Anastasius was talking to another family member. His head was turned talking to a member I didn't know as he put his hand on my shoulder, after a minute or so he said, '...is that okay?' and the other member nodded and walked away.

He first asked if I was ready for lunch--it was being served and then he asked me what I asked again. Now, I have done it times before but I don't like to repeat the things I have already said. Like a wasted sentence coming out of my mouth if you will. It makes my attitude sour and my body sore. I sighed and said another variation of what I said to prevent myself from getting more pissy and he replied with an, 'oh, right'. He started to walk away from the other members and motioned for me to follow looked more like a wave goodbye but regardless I would follow him either way--I like my questions answered. 

     

He started to walk down the path through the orchid as he was telling me all about the odd cottage. He told me that building was here along with the bunker when The Family first settled this area, and that there was one member of the family living here--everyone else lived in the other cottage behind us. There was a woman who lived there and she was apparently the figurehead of the family--like everything else in the world it was cliché--her name was The Aphotic Mother. He also said for short they called her mother, mom, mum and other variations in other languages and such. 

     

There was a movement in the trees around us, like something following us but it was to fast so it just went back and forth because it was anxious. I asked if Anastasius heard anything and he told me that The Mother was a witch. I don't like that, I didn't believe things like that but I was weary of it too. She apparently plays with gems and old relics; she is very insightful even though with her young age. Then stopped and moved in front of me. He looked directly into my eyes and told me that she has been with the family since the beginning. He couldn't remember how long ago that was but it has been at least one lifetime since, she hasn't aged a day she looks like mid twenties, it was odd. He then turned around and continued forward, we were only a few several feet from the cottage. 

     Anastasius stayed in front of me when we were walking the final distance to the old building, he didn't say anything the rest of the way. After walking up the front steps he knocked on the front door and knocked on the warped wood of the door. He looked at me and told me to come eat lunch with everyone else when I was finished and then he walked away. I didn't know what I was going to do, just like every other day since I've been here, I was confused.

Next entry in The Child:














Remember me

No comments:

Post a Comment