Looking For Something?

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Man Who Cured The World, One Murder At A Time. Pt. 1

   

     I once had a conversation with a man that I met at a street corner as we were waiting for a bus. Looking at his sharp tie, pressed suit and his shiny shoes I could only assume that he was some high-end executive who can get what he wants, whenever he wants. When he began to speak to me, he mentioned about if I knew who he was--just straight out of the blue. I looked at him for a moment longer and nothing seemed familiar, so I said 'no'. He laughed to himself and he told me that he was a young boy from a little farm in Nebraska. I had to do a double take on his appearance and I stated that he looked nothing like a farmer. He laughed to himself and he asked why I picked up the fact he said he was a farmer, and not a little boy. 'I never really thought about that I guess,' I stated. He put his arm around me, leaded me away from the street corner and said that he was going to take me on a verbal journey with such great significance, I will never look at life the same way again. As we walked down the sidewalk in our big city, he told me a story from when he was little. 

   

When he was just a little child, his father woke him up at the break of dawn. His father led him out to one of his father’s pastures up to a old cow. The cow looked like it has seen better days, flies spun around its face, it was drooling and it looked like the cow had two lazy eyes. His father explained to him that the cow was sick, it was in fact at a very healthy age but due to its sickness it looked as if it had lived several additional years. His father then continued to explain to him that because of its illness, it had to be killed and that he wanted his son to shoot it as he handed him a rifle. 

The son utterly refused and asked what the cow did to ever deserve its present fate? The father raised his voice and said that it was sick and it had to be dealt with. The son asked if he would ever become as sick as the cow, would his father shoot him too? His father thought he was just over reacting so he got behind his son and positioned his son pointing the gun square towards the cow’s forehead. He then whispered into his son’s ear and said 'just do what you are told'. The son then pushed his father away from him and said that he wasn't a slave and he didn't have to do anything, especially when it came to life and death. The father pushed towards the son and the gun went off. The son pulled the trigger and it was directed towards his own father. 



I stood there in shock when he finished the story and he continued to walk forward, the man then turned around and yelled 'catch up! I haven't even started yet'. I wanted to know what happened so I did the only thing I could do, I fastened up my walk to catch forward to him and as soon as I was by his side he started to speak again. 'In front of us is several things, tell me what you see specifically.' I looked forward and I saw a long sidewalk with skyscrapers to the side of us--people flooded the streets and I don't think I could see the concrete other than a few feet in front of me. The road to our left was filled with cars that seemed like they were suspended from all motion. The passengers and drivers honked and yelled as if the person in the front could move but just didn't want to. Looking back to the people on the sidewalk they all looked as if they were emotionless. Talking on cell phones, holding briefcases, had headphones on to block them from the sounds of the world in front of them. There were so many things in front of me; I didn't know what to say, so I said I saw everyday life. The man continued to walk beside me and looked as if he was deep in thought he then asked what if what we perceive as life the dead see is a Hell. I was astonished with his answer; this truly was an interesting fellow so I asked him why he said that. 

     

     'We continue through our everyday lives as if it is our exact destined path. So lets say what you do in the day. You get up, get ready for work, walk to work, do everything at work which most times than not are just followed by repetition. Then you go home and you most likely do the same things every night. That isn't life. It is life in the sense of being in the state of living but you are not actually living. Society has pushed us to do the same things everyday and as soon as we get into that system, we stick with it till the day we die. Because of that we have become robots, a scourge to just follow our orders and nothing else. 

     When robots become self aware of their surrounding and can learn they will think of all of life's everyday questions, just like us. So when that day happens when we virtually create life, we will be nothing more than just robots.' I had to ask him why he was telling me about robots and he responded quickly. 'I killed my father that day because he was treating me like a slave, a robot with no will or vision for themselves. That’s not right, that’s not right the slightest bit. It wasn't an accident; I wanted to be my own being, not some clone or robot doing what its told. I will push forward, move on and kill everyone in my way'. 





















Remember me


No comments:

Post a Comment