Looking For Something?

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Listening For That Sweet Tune-Chapter 13: Strange Terrain Pt. 2



STOP
Have you read the preceding chapters?
If not then read it from the beginning
or
Read the preceding chapter...



Go to the beginning:

Previously on Listening For That Sweet Tune:


Chapter 13: When Your On The Brink Of Insanity Pt. 1





So this is where I am now. I could say I'm in this big void of nothingness but that’s not the case. I'm still living, I am sure that there is blood pulsing through my veins, for now.

I reached into my pocket and I realized that I still had the little crescent moon that was previously lodged deep into my palm. I don't know what to believe anymore everything changes so frequently and there are to many odd things to simply think this is a sadistic wonderland—maybe that is exactly what it is.

Now where I am sitting at the moment is a unknown location. It is damp, it is dark, there are rocks and flowing water and then the best of all, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I know for sure that I am in a cave—sit sounds, feels and looks like it. I don't think that I have to taste it to know for surety. So what am I to do? I guess the only thing that is possible and that is to head towards the light, so I did. I got up and started heading forward, hoping that the light at the end of the tunnel wasn't the afterlife. There was a sharp pain in my left leg just above the knee. It was so painful I ended up limping instead of walking my way out. Then more and more I headed forward, more I realized that this is going to seem to take forever—whenever you’re in pain it always seems like that. So slowly I proceeded.

I could hear ghostly aches and pains of rocks crumbling and falling into water behind me, this place was scary but compared to everything else I have gone through, this was a playground. I continued and I was for sure when I was looking towards the approaching light I could see a large body of water in the light. I was either by the ocean or a large lake, either way I had no idea where the hell I was. The entire time—since I was awakened—I have yet to see a body of water so I am now in a stranger’s territory. As I came closer I noticed a small speck in the ocean right where the cave I was in ended. It was motionless; the waves crashed up against the walls and was moving everything other than that thing. Soon I realized it was what I encountered earlier--To be honest I wasn't surprised but I sure got worried again. The pain in my leg got sharper and I wasn’t sure if I could continue.

I kept struggling more forward to see that black thing just waiting for me. I could feel it look at me, the eyes were just watching. Before I knew it I was pushed forward but with no movement. Like a book when you crinkle the pages. I went from point A to point B in less that a blink. I was in the light now but still in the cave, I couldn't see the sun either, it was either to the left or right of where I was but there was light. I sat down on a rock to look at my leg. A big piece of wood was lodged into my leg but before I was going to tend to it I looked up to see if the black figure was still there and it was. It was still several feet away from me to my left. It was standing right where the cave ends and the ocean begins. So I had a little ways to go before I was out of this hellhole but at least I was in the light, so I tended to my wounds.

It looked like a block of wood from a wall but snapped in half, worn out, and sharpened so it could fit properly into my leg. I put my left hand around the wound and tugged with my right hand to see if I could end it now—I couldn't. In pain from the tug I punched my right leg hoping to distract my pain with another. Took a deep breathe and with just a split second I reached towards my left leg and pulled as fast and hard as I could. Snapping and crunching followed afterword but it was almost out. In fact it already was but it was still attached to my leg so I studied it more. Looking at the tip of the object that offered my mass pain I saw that something like a string was looped and tied in a hole on the object and the string was still flowing through my leg. I looked at the string a little more and it was the same string that was clutched in Moony's cold dead hands just moments earlier. I felt the string to see if I could just cut it or something but it felt metallic—go figure.

Preparing for more pain, I started tugging hoping it would come out easily and it did. Little by little the string was leaving my body and I felt that strange pain from when you get a needle and string and you sew your body shut. I could only think of a mortician sewing the lips shut of a recently passed loved one. Feeling the little tickle and flowing pain under the skin when a string travels through your muscles. It isn't unbearable but it isn't comfortable either and then I felt it. On the other side of the string was an object lodged into my thigh.

It wasn't an object that would flow easily either. It was long but skinny. Felt like a razor blade trying to join the flow that goes through the body but on its way it only cuts everything it touches and makes everything painful to the victim. I wasn't going to call it quits now so I gave a big pull. It moved about a half a foot but I was able to hear every second of it. Muscles tore and I could hear every little piece of connecting flesh cracking and pulling apart. I swear the feeling of the pain felt like a sound in my head and the sound was painful in my mind. Like I was looking at it. I pulled one more and the foreign object flew out of the cavity in my leg and with all the tension it flew out of my hands and into the river that went out to the large body of water.

I freaked out for a second but then I remembered it was attached to the large piece of wood that was in my leg. So I looked to the right of me on the ground and there it was beside me. The current pushed the string along with the waves but the object on the edge should be attached and cleaned in a way of thinking. When everything was out of the water I found that the object on the end of the string was a key. The string was wrapped around it and put in my leg. This was way to perfect to have just happened when I was pushed away from my apartment so I knew who the culprit was, so I turned to look at him again. He was still where he was, hadn't moved an inch, it was like he was ok with everything, very calm and collected.

I focused on him more and it seemed like he shacked. I blinked a couple of times and looked at him again. He started to shake slowly, I was starting to think that the waves were starting to take over him but I then realized everything was shaking. I couldn't feel the ground move under me so this was weird and then I realized it was my perception. It was like my eyes more moving back and forth in random directions, I couldn't keep my balance so I dropped to me knees again.

Everything continued to move faster and faster and it seemed like everything was starting to blend together but as I was trying to look at the black figure I noticed he was the only thing not moving keeping his image in the center of my sight. Like before I didn't think this was going to stop so I did what I didn't do before. I started to get up and walk towards this thing that loves to play with my senses and as I got closer I noticed through all the darkness of the figure, he was smiling.




Next up in Listening For That Sweet Tune:

Chapter 14: A Dream House






















Remember me



No comments:

Post a Comment