Looking For Something?

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Child: Entry 23


STOP
Have you read the preceding chapters?
If not then read it from the beginning
or
Read the preceding chapter...



The Beginning:




Previously one The Child:






I sat outside for a while, just looking up at the stars. It felt like I was on the other side of the world now but I'm sure we were still rather close to the Family's Retreat but I don't really know how far you can travel in just a few weeks time while still on foot. I guess we could have been a long ways away; I always remembered my days when I was young being cold and gloomy. Nearly every day saw rain and everything around the town was overgrown and green throughout all of the seasons. I baked under the sun now; it was becoming the fad of a new generation. For a while I was wondering where my bike went from when I found myself at The Retreat, Ville told me then that it was misplaced, in a manner of speaking—out of sight and out of mind. I loved that bike but I guess missing it isn't going to help me move on with my life. 

I breathed in and out smelling the country air now becoming dry and dusty—I won’t be able to have this feeling for a while I suppose. I could hear Ville thrashing inside of the house unleashing mad screams. I felt sorry for him but there wasn't anything I really could do—a window shattered behind me. I looked back up to the stars and as I have seen it before, it seems that the stars are getting dimmer; I constantly wondered how close we were to the city. Ville always said 'close' but everything is just what Ville says nowadays, like I don't have a say in anything anymore but as I think about it, I wouldn't even know what I am supposed to do—I guess his authority is justified. I moved out further from the house into a dry grass field and sat down so I could think, I could still hear Ville to my left and I started to feel a fear for my own skin. Tossing my head side-to-side trying to shake the thought I imagined what this city could look like. 


I have never been in a big city before but I could only imagine what would be in store for me. I remember my old town just having several houses and a few stores, maybe a gas station here or there but it wasn't anything special. I thought of just mass streets of manufactured houses lining streets upon streets till you could see any further. People playing ball in the street, some form of utopia if you ask me but I never really couldn't say to what I expected. I leaned back a little further and looked into the distance to see the ground progressing into a incline making this little hill upon the horizon. What was behind the hill caught my attention. It was full of light and several lights poured from under it shining up to the sky, I didn't know what it could be but it was tall just stabbing the air around it making room for itself. From where I was I could only see the top inch of it, it could have been a tall building or a statue of some sort but whatever it was, it was big and something yet to introduce itself to me. 

Ville yelled my name in the distance, my head turned towards him but my view was still fixed on what the structure could have been. Ville continued to yell my name and telling me that he needed me so I started to walk back to the house but my gaze was still fixed in the distance. 

'Dammit Emery! This isn't the time to be heading off and playing games, I don't need your help anymore, I got it now.' I then looked towards the house it was just a yard or two away now. I watched Ville walk backwards out from the front door dragging out what seemed to be a mass pile of metal. He walked along the side of the house and dropped it on the ground, wiped off his forehead and then looked at me.

'Alright, I'm going to assemble this and what I need you to do is to get my friends body from out of the bathroom and out here. Make it quick.'  I wasn't exactly sure how I was to approach this but Ville looked at me furiously so I left my judgment to do whatever I thought was right. I nodded to him as I was walking past him and I headed through the front door, expecting the worst kind of damage to set itself within the confines of the house.

Everything in the house was a complete and utter mess--which was already given--and as I looked around within the room, everything that was previously somewhat near the walls were now piled up towards the center of the room. Ville sure left his mark, I just need to make sure that I never wrong him; I don’t want to see my body like this any day. I walked into the bedroom to see the man in the same position before. Blood covered his face and his white tee shirt, his head was facing the ground and he was still tangled with the objects around him. I guess Ville couldn’t see this anymore and that’s why he is having me to do it. As I walked closer to the body, I turned light headed like I just lost all my blood, I stumbled from side to side trying to make it do the bathroom. Closing my eyes I told myself repeatedly that I cold do this but I never could really know because I didn’t exactly know what was happening.  

When you imagine an old man you normally think of a long beard or long gray hairs or even incredibly wrinkly skin, this man was none of them. He looked more middle aged than an old man, there were no hairs anywhere on his head and face and though his face had wrinkles they were only in the few. Medium sized round glasses laid broken to the side of him on the floor; it looked like they were stepped on as the right lens was cracked. I examined the man closely, expecting him to move and try to kill me in some shape or form but he remained calm. I walked up to the faucet of the sink in which was where the rope was tied to the man’s wrist. It was tied quite tightly along his wrist but I noticed that the mirror was now shattered--the vandal was most likely Ville. I searched the ground for a broken piece then proceeded to cut the rope pushing the man’s body toward the ground to relax fully on the ground. 

The rest was quite simple. I pocketed the man’s glasses thinking that Ville would want them as a full package of bringing the poor man to him. I dragged the man across the tiles and wooden floors leaving a large blood trail behind him from his legs--I was carrying him from underneath his arms. I dragged him outside and I looked toward Ville to see him sitting in a wheelchair as he had his hands grabbing his hair. Soon as he heard me he lifted up his head and ran towards me to put the man in the wheelchair he was previously in. As he was arranging him to look somewhat more lifelike I took out the man’s glasses and put them on. Ville backed up a couple of steps and thanked me for what I did.

'I couldn't stand to see him like that any longer. I need to take him into the city, I know what to do.' He turned to look at the top of the tower I saw previously. 'That’s the city over there, my home. Just wait till you see it. It is immaculate.' 




Next up in The Child:


























Remember me

No comments:

Post a Comment