Looking For Something?

Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Child: Entry 13



STOP
Have you read the preceding chapters?
If not then read it from the beginning
or
Read the preceding chapter...



The Beginning:


Previously on The Child



They were kind, everyone here was kind and then on the last day I was in my cell, on the other side of the door, I heard some muttering about a proper trial of me and another voice said that they thought I was hiding something. I laid there in my makeshift bed of hay and cotton facing away from the door and looking up to the window high up in my cell to see the moon and its light hit my face. This is what I loved. I always found the night more beautiful than the morning sky, there just seemed it had way more character to it than any other time. Just then I heard a yell and a cracking of chains rattling and breaking in another cell and the men I heard talking just a minute ago started swearing very firmly and running towards the cell. 

   

After a while I heard clinging and grunting and the other man that was yelling originally started to yell at them. I heard no exact words of what he said it was almost like something was done to his tongue and what I could make out was something like 'Camorte free the soul!' and then a drop followed proceeded by the chains following to the ground. I don't know what 'camorte' was or if that was just something I heard and he said a variation of it but something was wrong. I heard the men on the other cell whisper amoungst themselves and then I heard several locks undone and then from what I understood a dragging of the body. 

     

Like as before, my door was made out of wood so I couldn't see what was happening but I was able to put my face against the floor to see a half an inch gap between the bottom of the door and the floor. I waited to see if anything would appear as the dragging of the body sounded louder and louder to my door. Some feet came up to stand in front of my door first. The man was looking to my left because his feet were pointed down the hallway they were just down and I heard him say 'Mother isn't going to be happy to hear about this'. 

     

My heart started pounding as soon as he started talking because for a second I thought he was talking to me. He sounded as if he was looking at my door but before I had the time to do anything his feet turned and started to walk to my right. After a few more seconds I saw another pair of feet passing from left to right and I found out that this was the man dragging the body as he claimed 'I don't know why you aren't helping me with this.' and in the distance I heard a response 'Your the one who killed him, you take responsibility.'. As he was walking backwards slowly, I kept close attention to the corner of my door just waiting to see what was going to appear and the first thing that showed was a shade of pink flesh that looked like his side so I figured the man that was previously the owner of the noise complaints was being dragged on his back by the killer who had a hold of his legs.

Further as the body moved I noticed the man’s right arm was on his chest and they were bleeding profusely and then I was seeing his neck. The man hasn't shaved for what appeared as centuries because he had this ragged grey beard coming off from his chin. I held my breath in anticipation to see what was going to pass by and what I saw was something I least expected but I have seen it before. The man had an obviously dead face but his eyes were pitch black! It looked as if the gaze was fixed on me the entire time he passed but that was the least of my worries. 

     

His lips were sewn shut; at least they were at a time. Everything around his lips was red and bleeding, I couldn't tell if anything was in his mouth or even if all if the metal wire stitches were out but it was too much of a sight to see. I returned my gaze to his eyes and then further along the way and his left arm was being dragged on the floor.

His wrists were covered in blood too but there was a pattern. As if they were symbols of some kind, but I couldn't tell to be sure due to the amount of recent blood flowing all around him and trailing behind him. Then as he passed, everything grew silent and though through all the things I just saw I was ready to go to sleep in preparation for the next day. 

 



     

I woke up the next morning to hear my name being yelled repeatedly.

'Emery! Wake up boy this isn't a vacation!' As I opened my eyes I saw it was Ville in a clean suit and tie.

'Boy?' I said. 'I’m sure that you and me are very near the same age.' Ville laughed and responded.

'Yes maybe in appearance but I am an old soul and you haven't figured out what its like to be an adult' I got a little annoyed so I got up from my bed started pointing at Ville and as I was about to open my mouth he interrupted me. 

     

'--Lets not fool around with this bigotry. I have to get to the point Emery. In a few minutes you will be let back outside of this cell to be tried amoungst your peers in the meadow. I can guarantee that the family likes you and they wont do anything about what you did but The Mother doesn't like you. But before you head you have to tell me what happened last night!'

I felt astonished to hear what was just presented in front of me I took a few thoughts and I realized that what happened last night wasn't a dream but it did actually happen. I took a deep breath and explained to him about the man and the sewn lips. He put his hands to his lips not able to believe what I just told him or maybe he was visualizing what I told him. 'This isn't right, this needs to be dealt with and soon.' I fully understood in what he meant because obviously there was a dark secret behind closed doors of this known 'Family' and as I knew as before nothing as what it seems on the outside. 

     

After he composed himself he led me up back upstairs but as soon as I left my cell I looked left expecting to see anything more that happened to the night previous. Nothing. The journey back up is the same as it was before as I expected but as soon as I reached the top of the stairs into the cottage two men went on the sides of me and both grabbed one of my arms to lead me forward as if I did some heinous crime.

These two men are the guards at the cells, I don't know how there guarding does but they are also the same two guys from last night. I have never heard them talk and see their faces at the same time, so I don't know which was which from last night but the one holding my right arm was Augustus or more commonly called 'Auge' pronounced in a Frenchish sort of way using the 'g' as a 'shh' noise proceeding with a short a. He was big and had a shaved head but with darker skin. The other, of which, was a hermit looking man with a big rough beard torn clothes and not as bulky as Augustus but he could hold to himself, his name is Hans Lorgen. I couldn't really tell anything about him. 

     

As they grabbed a hold of my Ville slowed down and started walking behind us. I turned my head to look at him and he was looking at me very intently, pointed at me like he had a gun and then proceeded to shoot. I turned around and that’s when the two men leading me pushed me out the door to get blinded--yet again--by the sun. 

     

As my vision came back to me I looked around the meadow and there were benches upon benches lined up looking towards the orchid and 'Mothers' little cottage. Before the orchid started however, was a podium looking table. Seeing all this as a whole reminded me of when the whole religious movement happened in the Americas. People were gathering as if they were going to be told who was saved. I guess it would make sense from my perspective.

When you go to church you hear the preacher say if your soul will be saved in comparison to when you go to a trial of your peers and they determine if you are saved also in a way of speaking. So to make things sound easier in my heart, I pretended as if I was a little kid going to church--I don't want to be here but I’m only going because I'm forced to by my ever sweet mother. 

     

When everyone got settled in there chairs I was seated in the middle of the aisle just a little bit further than the beginning set of benches but still several feet away was the podium that I could only guess the mother was going to stand at. I heard a bell chime behind me and I heard a rush of rustling behind me. Upon looking behind me everyone stood up so I could only figure I was to also. As I got ready to leave the seat I was pushed back down on my right shoulder by Auge and he told me softly 'you wont be leaving this seat anytime soon.

It was at that moment in which I figured who was who from last night. Auge was the man who took the lead while Hans was the one who moved and killed the former man--at least I think. After everybody got up their seats right after the bell ring everything seemed as if it was moving rather slowly. The Mother exited her house and moved down the long path to us. The podium was short enough that if I straightened my back I could see her over the podium. It was like she was flowing, she had a white dress and everything around her just seemed to swirl. This was it. I’m not totally sure what will happen if I get accepted or denied or even how serious this is but I wasn't getting any good feelings. 

     

She approached the podium and everyone got seated. She starred at me intensely and began to talk but not with looking at the audience she just looked at me and I could swear that she was ripping my soul in half. 

     

'I would like to thank everyone in this gracious family for their patience and understanding for this sensitive matter. I have talked with all of you, as I’m sure you are all aware and I have heard only positive things about this man in front of me known as Emery Delacroix. As I was talking to Allure he has said that his soul is that is like of a child. Pure, innocent, misunderstood and passionate. I have also been informed that he will find the meaning of once lost.

This may be our day my family, with the strange sort of colliding effects this was bound to happen eventually but now may just be our time.' I heard a murmuring behind me and Mum stopped talking for a few seconds so people could talk amoungst themselves and then she continued. 

     

'But this man in front of us has a strange last name! Coincidence or not, this is very uncomforting to me and so that is why I feel this man should be put under a constant care and supervision until a time in the future that I seem fit. Now Emery, head back into the house with the assistance with these men beside you as the rest of us will discuss this situation as a family.' 
 

     

I didn't get a chance to say anything because after the second she finished speaking I was lifted up on both sides and guided to the house. I had a lot on my mind. When I decided to leave my actual father and not some fake family I was expecting myself to live quietly in a small town just keeping to myself till I figured out what I should do with my life.

It was just from a small incident of running low on gas and entering a diner late at night got me here. I was almost exited to be in a newer world that I wasn't familiar to but when I was leaving the first thing I heard in the distance was; 'He killed a man in the solitary last night! What are we going to do with that?' 

Next entry in The Child"















Remember me

No comments:

Post a Comment